Monday, August 23, 2010

First day of First grade

Our morning went pretty smoothly, considering we've all been sleeping as late as we want for about 3 months now. I have to confess I did push snooze this morning and luckily woke up 15 minutes later. Got the coffee going for Charlie and me, then threw the "requested by Will" cinnamon rolls in the oven, cut up a little watermelon and upstairs to wake up our little "big" first grader. As his alarm beeped on and off loudly, he struggled to roll out of bed... I know sweet boy, life is hard when you have to go back to school :-(
Other than getting a little watermelon juice on his shirt (I spotted it real quick and through it in the dryer), everything went as planned. Charlie decided he would rather keep "wild man" here while I took W this morning(since we all went to meet Mrs. B just a few days ago and all E could do was tug at my purse begging for gum or going up and begging other moms for gum...Aaaaaahh!). We were able to get lots of cute pictures before we left.. and that's when I started feeling my eyes growing.. like tears were going to explode out of my eyes! I held it in pretty good so I hope Will didn't notice. I just looked back at some of the pictures and you can so tell.. Mommy with her glassy eyes.. why am I so emotional??
I felt so bad because I could hardly talk to him the whole way to school because my words wouldn't come out. Then we get out of the car and he doesn't want to hold my hand..what?..breaking Mommy's heart! Walked straight to his class, found his cubby area for his lunchbox and backpack, took a few pictures of him sitting at his "big boy" desk, gave a couple of hugs, a kiss and reminded him to mind his manners.. then fled as fast as I could so that I didn't have to talk to anyone with my bulging eyes.
When I left, he was just sitting there staring at all the kids. There was a paper on his desk that they were supposed to start working on, so I hope he woke up and got busy..Ha!
He doesn't know a lot of the kids in his class because most of his buddies are in different classes this year. I think this was a blessing!!
I can't wait to see him get off the bus this afternoon and hear all about his day.
More to post later...

Oh, and I had to take our Princey to the vet this morning to have a possible tumor(we're hoping cyst) removed from his leg. Going to pick him up this afternoon.. Eli will be so glad to have him back home. He almost cried when we had to leave his little buddy.

6:30 is way too early!!
Still not quite awake



At his little "big 1st grader" desk

No comments: