Monday, December 8, 2008

We Made It

Safe and Sound...
and thankful I didn't get chocolate do-nuts thrown up on me during flight!

After having a very busy day on Saturday...last minute travel items at WM, helping at COH, friend birthday party, our town's X-Mas party, then back home to finish packing, yesterday morning came much too soon.

We only left for the airport 5 minutes after we planned but I think our planned time should have been 30 minutes earlier. This was our first experience of all four flying together and didn't realize the extra time it would take, I guess. Much different from our SF trip this summer!

Will has been so excited about this trip and after waking him up.. he was a live wire, talking non-stop all the way to the airport! Poor E was just sitting in his carseat, silent, wondering why we were up this early.

When we finally made it to the gate, everyone was already boarding but since we had a baby in a stroller, we got to cut :0).. benefit of having little ones! Will has only flown twice before but was too young to remember... This was, he said "THE BEST"! E did great on his first airplane ride... a little restless at times, but this was to be expected. The meltdown came as we were waiting, forever, on our luggage! He fell asleep in the taxi on the way to the hotel and even stayed asleep for a couple hours after we arrived. I even got a little nap too... I was exhausted!!

We were so hungry(after just snacking all day), so out for mexican food we went. Chips and salsa sounded so good! After my first bite, I realized I couldn't taste anything. Oh, how miserable! I kept eating the salsa, thinking maybe it would open up my sinuses. Well, it didn't... Not hot enough.. I ordered some jalapenos, but they weren't hot either!! Charlie and I decided FL must not grow hot peppers?!

There is a really neat Putt-Putt course close by, so Charlie took Will for a evening game while I put E down for the night. Then, I layed on the couch and watched TV.. something I don't remember doing in a while. It was so nice!!

This morning, Charlie left early for meetings and the boys and I went down for a wonderful breakfast buffet. For right now, we're just catching up from the travel day but may be getting out to explore soon.

Looking forward to a FUN week ahead!!

"In amazement" after taking off(his hair kinda shows what an early morn we had, huh?)
Will took off through the airport like a "Pro Traveler" after arriving in FL

Putt-Putt night-out with Daddy - Will made 3 hole-in-ones

2 comments:

Janel said...

Glad to hear you made it safely! Just remember, when you go to Disney Studios go straight to Al's Toy Barn and get fast passes. The ride is insanely popular, but very fun!!

Derek and Michelle said...

You may be the only one to appreciate me flying with 3 kids by myself, which has happened more than once.