Oh... Happy 17 months BD Baby E!!
OK... Let's try this again.... I think I've been interrupted 20 times since I wrote the 1st sentance. My sweet husband that was going to Wal-Mart for me on the way home (for maybe 6 items!!) has called me more than 6 times with questions about each item and then to let me know he was at the check out without his wallet!?!? He wanted me to give him the credit card # over the phone so he could pay that way so I did, the whole time thinking to myself.. "they're not going to let him do that". Well, what do you know... he calls me back and he's leaving without anything in hand. ARGHH!
All the while, I'm supposed to be getting ready for a 4th of July party tonight and packing for the lake since we're leaving for straight from the party. I find Will in his bathroom, washing his rubber shark in a 'filled to the brim' soapy water sink with water all over the place. I've already had to unpack his suitcase twice because he thinks he needs his football uniform, baseball pants, basketball tank and shorts, Spiderman mask, Halloween long-sleeved tee, costume shield and play gun. Hmmmmm? Oh, he did fit in a pair of swim trunks but that was it.
Also today, Eli woke up this a.m. with a rash over most of his body minus his face. I called Charlie and we decided to give him some benadryl and watch it. Well, this afternoon it only got worse. When Charlie got home he said we couldn't take him to the party like this. Of course I agreed since we don't know if he's contagious or not and there's going to be lots of kids there.
Well BUMMER!! I've been looking forward to this fun 4th Party with Firework show and all for the last couple weeks. You just never know how kids are going to change you plans, do you?!
So... I sent Charlie, Will and all the drinks we were supposed to bring. That's where they are right now, hopefully having a blast. I put E in bed at 7:00 and he is sound asleep. I'll be checking on him to see how the rash is doing through the night. Maybe we can leave tomorrow for the Lake??
As I said in the beginning of this blog, I hope July is better than June. Doesn't look so good so far, huh? Here are just a few things that happened in June (sorry if some are repeated from previous blogs):
1. Charlie hospitalized for 3 days, 2 nights and went through surgery to remove kidney stone.
2. Three ER visits, 4 or 5 CT scans, multiple x-rays and who knows how much pain medicine.
3. Stayed unexpectedly for 7 days at my parents house while Charlie recouped
4. Charlie had to miss a whole week of work
5. Our little house(hunting cabin) in Cross Plains burnt to the ground
6. Eli started running fever on and off while at my parents and got the worst diaper rash of his life.
7. He also lost his appetite and now refuses most veges that he had always liked before. Is he just being picky or is something else going on?
8. Charlie decided to go through a previously scheduled procedure(a little bitty one).. he'll kill me for saying this!! even with all the other stuff he'd just been through. The "V" snip-snip ended up not being as simple as he thought either!! but wow!! how much easier than putting a woman through tying tubes, right?? (Thank goodness only a couple people read my blog... I don't know if he'd appreciate me sharing this with the whole world)
9. Bought a new(used) car that gets really good gas mileage (45MPG). It's great but now we have to decide if we want to get rid of Charlie's truck or not. I know he really doesn't want to but do we need 3 cars? We both drive gas guzzlers so we had to do something sice gas is $4/gal and expected to only go up. I like my big SUV but there's a lot more I'd rather spend $$ on than gasoline, wouldn't you??
10. Cancelled a trip that we were going to take for our Anniversary. Actually, we were going to fly to WA to buy a car and then drive back through Yellowstone and Glacier. Kinda sad but maybe we can plan it again sometime.
11. Started Eli on 1st antibiotic of his life because we just couldn't figure out why he's still having the mild, unexplained fevers 3 or so times a week. So when he started sounding a little congested on Thursday, we thought we might as well. I think it was a good thing since he hasn't had anymore fevers and his appetite is much better. We had been blaming the fever on teeth, and it might still have been that, but we'll see. Just had his last dose this a.m. and has this odd rash?!
12. Charlie and I celebrated our 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY by having a wonderful dinner together downtown FW. WoW... 10 Years!? It's been the BEST 10 Years of my life. Can't wait to share many more with you, Charlie. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH !!
Yes, and these are just a few reasons why I've struggled with time to blog lately.
Lots of HIGHS and LOWS in June... some not even mentioned.
I got a new camera for Mother's Day and still haven't figured out how to download to the computer. When I do, I'll post some pics.
Here we go...
Baby, I think we need to get you a bigger 4-wheeler to ride
Ran into our good friends at the zoo and rode the train together last week
Carousel at the zoo
Library day to see the clown but Eli wouldn't let me take a picture of him and Will. He started crying when we got close to Mr. Clown and wouldn't let go of me.

Oh so Yummy pink cupcake at cousin Hattie's BD party

Since we didn't get a picture on our anniversary, this was the closest I could find (the day after) at H's BD party. Not a very good picture but funny because we're making the same face. People have always said we look alike since we started dating, but after 10 years I guess you start acting alike too?!
No comments:
Post a Comment