Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Great Start to School

Yesterday (1st day of school) was so hectic that I didn't even have time to blog. We got Will up early, fed him a special sugar-filled breakfast(won't be the norm), took pictures and all headed out the door. I had a tissue in each pocket of my pants because I just knew I was going to lose it when I got to the school. I really did surprise myself and I think it was because he was such a big boy! He just walked in, put his backpack in his cubby and almost forgot to tell us good-bye. He was ready!!
We hung out in the hall talking to some other parents (I kept peaking in at him to make sure he was ok... one time he was sitting with his mouth wide open, either taking it all in or about to fall asleep..don't know! Of course my eyes kept filling with tears but I controlled myself well :-)
Eli wasn't feeling good yesterday (actually, Charlie and I were up with him a couple hours Sunday night giving him breathing treatments). So I got to deal with a cranky little boy most of the day. I was so excited to go pick Will up.. couldn't wait to see him and hear how his day went. I really missed him!!
He got in the car and said he had a really FUN day and that he had 8 new friends but couldn't remember any of their names. He said his favorite part of the day was going to the cafeteria. He said he didn't fall asleep during rest time(doesn't surprise me). They listened to the Gingerbread Man story and had gingerbread man snacks(he said he ate his.. surprised me since he's so picky about stuff like that). I sent his lunch and all he ate was his yogurt.. skipped the hotdog and grapes in his lunchbox. Hopefully that was just a nervous, first day thing and he'll start eating most of his lunch. We told him he could buy his lunch on Friday's if he's good all week. A treat to look forward to!
After school.. baseball practice, supper and then to bed by 8:00.

And today was another good day. I took him to his class this morning, just like I thought I would for these first several days. He just walked right in ahead of me like he really didn't need me to be there. He did inform me when I picked him up that he just wants Daddy to drop him off in the line tomorrow and he wants to start riding the bus home. WHAT?? He's really not supposed to grow up this fast!! We may do the first part, but we're going to hold off on the bus for at least a couple weeks. He did eat much more of his lunch today and remembered some of "his friends" names today.
After I picked him up, the 3 of us went for BB ice-cream.. Yumm Yumm, especially when it's 104 degrees according to the school billboard.
Daddy let the boys swim after he got home while I made supper.
All ready for bed and the power goes off.. Ugghh! No A/C for almost 2 hours so both boys got in bed much later than planned. Maybe he'll fall asleep during rest-time tomorrow.

To a great rest-of-the-week...

No comments: