Monday, January 26, 2009

Premature Tears

I finally found time to read our local paper last night when I noticed the little announcement section of the front page, "Kindergarten Round-Up". What?? I'm thinking.. It's a long time until Fall, so why are we getting ready to sign our little ones up for school ALREADY?!
Well, really it's not until the end of March but it still hit me a little hard because, while I was telling my Mom about it, the tears just spilled out. I also got really choked up last night at church while talking to another mom about it.
Oh.. What am I going to be like come that first day of Kindergarten?

Tonight, my baby decided he didn't want to stay in his crib for some reason. He has always been easy come bedtime and usually for naps as well.
It was a week or so ago when he did actually crawl out of his bed for the first time but it was at nap time. That was it.. just that one time...
Until tonight!!
Yep, we watched him on the camera, hike one leg over and then the other.. like he'd been doing it forever... made it look too easy!!
This happened multiple times... and for me and Daddy, multiple trips up the stairs.
I was about to shed tears, not out of sadness but out of pure frustration!
What made my baby decide he wanted to start this all of a sudden?
I'll be praying that tonight was just a one-time thing because my plans have been for him to stay in his bed until he turns 3. He's not even 2 yet!!
I may have to go buy one of those nets that go over the bed so he can't get out..ha ha.

Why do my boys have to grow up??

1 comment:

Derek and Michelle said...

It really doesn't get any easier.