Monday, December 15, 2008

On Top of The Clouds

The beginning of our flight home was beautiful...literally right on top of the fluffy white clouds. As we took off from Orlando, it was already almost dark, but mostly because of all the clouds. As soon as our plane rose above them, we saw the most gorgeous sunset... how amazing what you can find when you get above the clouds!!

The best was Will's reaction to it all. Since he, of course wanted to sit by the window, watched out the window in pure amazement at how we were on the other side of the clouds..the side we usually don't get to see. They were like huge, continuous cotton balls with a beautiful sunset in the background (no ground in sight). Will asked lots of questions(surprise?!) but the first one was.. Where is God? Is heaven over there? He knew we had to be closer to them now, and I believe we were! Sweet talk!

Well, we made it home safely and now the work begins! It is good to be home but I was a little teary the last day, thinking that we were leaving a wonderful family week, just the 4 of us, together!

It will take some time to document all the fun we had and I want to for future reference, but I'll just have to figure out how to do that later.

I guess I left off last time after our 2 days at SeaWorld, which were GREAT! oh, and the night at Univeral was fun too!!

The next 3 days consisted of Disney..

1st day: Magic Kingdom, lunch at Whispering Canyon-Wilderness Lodge, Hollywood Studios, fireworks at Epcot (not a good experience since E cried through them.. they were so loud!)

2nd day: Magic Kingdom all day, lunch at Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends

3rd day: Animal Kingdom all day, breakfast at Tusker's House with Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Daisy

Will - "My favorite part of the trip was the Twister ride at Universal" and "My other favorite part was the Shamu roller coaster and seeing Shamu". "I loved eating with Mickey Mouse too".

I think Eli would say he enjoyed visiting the characters most of all, especially Minnie and Mickey. He would would get so excited when he saw them and never hesitated to go up and give them a big hug. The millions of lights and x-mas parades kept his attention really well too.

We love this time of year at Disney... Can't really imagine it without all the lights and x-mas decor. I hope we are able to go back another December but we'll see how school interferes with those plans.

A Magical Vacation, no doubt!!

No comments: