Monday, September 22, 2008

Sports Update

We finally got to play our 1st soccer game on Saturday. Picture Day too!
I guess we'll have a couple games to make up since last weekend was hurricany(a word??).

It was a fun game... You can really tell a difference since we've moved up an age group. The kids are much more aware of which direction to run, how to get in the mix and get the ball, and the basic rules of the game.
Although, I do think there was a moment when W started to go the wrong way (oops!). No goal this week, but he came pretty close twice.

Soccer isn't a sport Charlie and I knew much about but I think it's great for this age group. Just get out there and RUN!!

As long as I can keep him away from Football, I'll be happy!! Every time he mentions the F word, I change the subject to golf? tennis? basketball? We'll see how successful I am. He really likes baseball and soccer so maybe he'll stick to one of those.?.!

Oh yes, and there was our 3rd T-ball game of the season on Sat. as well. Papa and cousin HK even got to come and watch, which Will was thrilled about! He would get up to bat and look out to make sure they were watching him.

We're 0 and 3 but having lots of FUN! (especially when he gets to slide into home every time) Yeah.. then I get to clean those pretty white pants!! OXY-Clean to the rescue..

I was going to post a picture but I only took one the whole day and that was at soccer. There were too many other kids in it and I just don't feel comfortable about posting other kids pics.
I'll get some posted before the season's over though.



Will's 5 Year Check up on 9/16/08

Will was most excited about this visit since he didn't have to get a SHOT.

He did have to have a finger prick, testing for anemia, and he didn't like it!

He also had to pee in a cup for the first time, which was interesting!! I had to try several different things to get him to finally relax and do it.

Then he had a sight and hearing test that he did GREAT on.

Wt. 45 pounds (90th percentile)
Ht. 45 inches (90th percentile)

I have to say I was a little surprised by this because he looks pretty average to me, but I guess he's a little bigger than most his age. Does this mean he's going to be tall?

Hopefully we won't have to see Dr. Jeff until our 6th Birthday!! (we only had to see him once since last year and that was for an ear/sinus infection back in Jan.)

Way to be healthy, Will :-)

No comments: