Hurricane Gustav really killed my beach buzz!! hee hee
Yep, BUT.. I am SO THANKFUL for the 2 AWESOME DAYS and 3 nights that we did get to spend with our special Bama friends.
After getting the call yesterday morning from the front desk saying there was a mandatory evacuation for all of Ft. Morgan, we all got busy packing and said a very fast good-bye to everyone. Not a fun way to end your long-awaited vacation! We made it back to TX, late last night and thankfully without any detours.
This was a big year for my boys because 1) this is going to be Will's first year to really remember the "Beach Trip" and 2) Eli's very FIRST BEACH TRIP. The boys had so much fun with all their friends (and since we roomed with the rob's and ech's, Will and Ethan really played good together... Eli hung mostly with Sylvie and Nolan and LOVED the monster cars Les brought)
Still can't believe it's over but we already look forward to Beach Trip 2009!!
We did hear today that the storm was much less intense than expected but still dropped a lot of rain along even the AL coast. We will keep all of those, especially in LA where hardest hit, in our prayers right now.
"Wow, Look at this sand box"
Is this really the ocean?
We got to spend time at Papa's before heading to the beach
Oh.. and I forgot about another FIRST that happened this week. While at Papa's house, Eli figured out how to crawl out of his pack-n-play!! He just didn't want to take a nap today?! "Oh My", I thought, as he came running into the living room, just as happy as could be. I had to bite my tongue from laughing because he had this "I'm so proud of myself" look on his face. I just couldn't believe he did this, and of all times!! We were leaving for the beach the next day (Yes, where he would be sleeping and napping in the P&P for several days. What was I to do?? So.. I calmly picked him up, put him back in the P&P, watched throught the crack of the door... and yep, repeated this process again and again until he was so tired of crawling out.. he just gave up(about 45 mins. later). YEA, I won!! but now I needed a nap after all that :-)
At the beach, he was awesome!!... never crawled out once. Probably because he was so tired and MAYBE because I put him in the closet(doors open..but only b/c they wouldn't close) but very dark(b/c I hung a blanket across)and cozy. He probably couldn't see to crawl out!?! :-) Hey.. Ya gotta do what'cha gotta do, right?!
1 comment:
The killing my buzz comment made me laugh! We loved being at the beach with you. Thank you so much for traveling all the way from TX! We enjoyed being with you and your boys. Here's to 2009!!
Post a Comment