There were several things I wanted to go back and highlight from the past week...
Last Thursday, Will finished his 3rd year of preschool(just Tue/Th, but still I can't believe I started him when barely 2 yrs old) with a cute little program for all the parents. Will participated the best he ever has and sang loud, I could tell. I think he even knew most of the words to the songs! Last year he got cold feet as soon as his class got up on stage and I don't think he sang a single word, hiding behind his teacher. Charlie and I were so shocked because that was not his personality a year ago. No, not shy! and still isn't!!
Here is a picture with his teacher, Mrs. Nana. She was a great teacher with only 4 boys in her class but 4 very busy boys!! Thanks Mrs. N for a fun year!
Then on Friday, Will recieved his "honkball" (t-ball) trophy at a little closing ceremony. This is already his 4th one, so much different than recieving those first couple. The first trophy he got last Spring was "very special", he kept telling everyone. He held on to it very carefully and took good care of it...even slept with it for a few nights. He didn't even want anyone touching it because it was "special"! On Friday, he hadn't had this one in his hand more than a couple minutes when he was digging in the dirt with it and had it filthy. I guess this is human nature... something we all do when we have too much of something or don't appreciate them as much anymore. We take things for granted and we don't take as good care of them as we should. This might be a good lesson to reiterate this summer with my 4 year old. See ya in the Fall, T-Ball... (Will- top left)
______________________________________________________
SICK BOYS
On Saturday evening, Charlie brought the boys in from swimming and I thought Eli felt pretty warm. Just brushing it off as him being warm from the sun, I finished getting dinner on. As giving him a bath and him being really fussy, I checked and he did have fever! So I gave him some ibuprofen, put him to bed, checking on him before I went to bed(as I do both boys every night). He slept until 5:00 but woke up crying. I went up to get him and he was so hot I didn't even check his temp. I just got Charlie to help me put him in a cold bath. Gave him some more medicing and put him in bed with us. This picture is of him and his Daddy sleeping in. How SWEET!!
Then, I had Will all ready for church when he decided he wasn't feeling too well. I thought something was wrong when he only ate a fourth of a pop-tart ("top-tart" is what he calls them)?? He only gets them when I don't have time to make oatmeal or cereal, so it's a BIG treat for him usually. Charlie went ahead and took him to church but they were back in less than 30 minutes. I knew something went wrong when I heard them come in. Yep, Will had an accident in his pants, thank goodness in the middle of a prayer so Charlie could sneak out real fast!! Poor BOY!
SO... The rest of the day, Will laid on the couch or napped in his bed and Eli slept almost all day. By evening, Will's tummy was much better and Eli hadn't run anymore fever since the morning. Yea!! Don't know what all that was about but glad it's over... cause tomorrow(5/26) is Memorial Day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment