Already the 6th day into 2010 but HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Enjoyed spending New Year's Eve (in our PJ's) with friends but actually broke in the New Year in bed(how old are we?). Just where I needed to be since I started to feel yuck again.(Started 2nd round of antibiotics 2 days ago, hoping to rid this horrible sinus infection)
Woke up on New Year's morning and headed to Nana and Pappy's to have our Christmas/New Year's together. Enjoyed yummy food, present opening and spending time with everyone, especially Grandma and PawPaw. He looked worse this time than I have ever seen him.. Can really tell he's going down fast now. The difference just since Thanksgiving was pretty dramatic, in my opinion. He didn't even have the energy to play 42, so I know he's getting bad. He was eating up the chocolate cake I took and left for him. Mom called yesterday and said he had finished it and wanted to make sure she got my recipe.. He's got a craving for chocolate!
Sarah had a bad experience with the billy goat and lost her wedding ring. We searched for a couple hours and then decided she would have to get a metal detector. Well, thanks to Mom, it was found a couple days later as Sarah was on her way out to use the detector. Sarah is finally looking preg.. It's a boy, in case I haven't mentioned that before now.
Sat in the deer stand with Charlie on Sat. evening for the first time since before kids. Didn't see anything but he said that's because I was making too much noise turning my magazine pages. Oh well.. It was nice peace away from the fam for a couple hours and he already got a deer this year anyway.
The ride home was hilarious(to everyone else that saw us), and I wish I had pics but I left my camera at our friends house New Years Eve. First of all, we had to take the Jetta b/c my car had a dead battery. We planned on bringing Eli's big boy bed home (been in the hunting cabin) with us, so Charlie decided to strap it and the mattresses on top of the car. Yep.. Quite a sight!! So glad we drove into town after dark :)
That's not all.. My parents gave us a peach tree and b/c we didn't know when we would be back, we were determined to get it home. So, yes, we fit it inside.. the bucket in very back and tree running to the front windshield(wrapped in a sheet so it wasn't sticking us). I write about this, hoping to get a good laugh one day.. but hoping at the same time nobody reads my blogs.. HA!!
Monday, I took the boys to the FW Museum and then for a special lunch at the Purple C*w. A great way to end the Holidays since Will starts back tomorrow.. Ugghh, I've loved having him home but he says he's ready to go back.. :(
Will's hearing is still bad due to fluid on both eardrums. If not better by next week, we may be visiting an ENT to see how to fix this.
Tomorrow morning is supposed to be the coldest in 10 years!?!?! Don't think we'll be getting out for a few days! Bring on the hot chocolate and warm pj's.
Sucking down yummy purple milkshakes
No comments:
Post a Comment