The long awaited(by Daddy) and dreaded(by Mommy) haircut finally happened. Several months ago when Charlie said, "Jennifer, He needs a haircut", I told him I loved his curls and wanted to wait until he turned 3 to cut it.
Then a couple weeks ago he said, "Jennifer, he REALLY needs a haircut", I said "ok, but can I please wait until after Jan. 1st because we're having pictures made of the grandkids and plus I need some time to mentally prepare myself."
A couple nights ago in bed, he says "Jennifer, he REALLY needs a haircut BAD.. I'm embarrassed of all his rats nests". I just start balling!!! (could have been a little hormones involved but this has been hard for me to think about). But, I promised him I would call my hair lady and get him an appt. for Thurs. I've tried several times this week with no luck.
This morning... He and Will wanted to take a bubble bath after breakfast and after washing E's hair, I put conditioner in it to see if the knots would come out. Not even after I brushed it out! So.. I got the scissors MYSELF and made Charlie take before pics and then I cut off the longness in the back. Can't believe I didn't cry afterwards.. maybe I got it all out the other night!?
It looks ok but I'm wishing I wouldn't have cut so much off. You can still see a little curl so I'm hoping they won't disappear. Now I'm going to wait for my lady to cut it until it grows out a little b/c I know she'll cut it shorter than I want.
Maybe I'll save that appt. for closer to his birthday, which is only 5 weeks away.
1 comment:
Love this. You are so funny! What a precious family you have. So glad to know you have a blog. Janel and Leslie told me about it. Now I can keep up with you. Sorry I'm so bad at that.
Michelle
Post a Comment