Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Riding the Yellow Bus

Will got to ride the school bus home today for the very first time. He was so excited since he had been asking to since day 2 of school and Mommy and Daddy weren't quite ready to let him.
But yesterday, I had just had it with waking Eli up from his nap to go sit in a carpool line to pick up Bubba. E has been a grump every afternoon that I have to do that and plus, I've never believed in waking a sleeping baby!
So yesterday afternoon, I wrote a little note for Mrs. R, letting her know that we were switching to the BUS and what # he was to ride.
I was waiting for him on the front sidewalk (with my camera) and he got off with a big smile on his face. After I made him stand still and take a picture in front of the bus, he ran inside. Was he embarrassed that his Mommy just took a picture of him in front of all the kids left on the bus?
E slept for an hour and a half after Will got home. I'm so glad I didn't have to interrupt him today!
I think I may really appreciate this bus thing.. just hope Will continues to as well.

No comments: