I can't believe it's almost been 2 weeks since I've journaled, but OH..have I got lots of GOOD excuses(i'm smiling sarcastically).
Well, I really do have one really good reason since we were out of town for 4 days last week due to my grandmother not doing well in the hospital. It was a bumpy ride but she is doing much better as of the last couple days. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks she's spent there and is supposed to come home tomorrow... we pray! but we also pray that she's ready to come home since my Mom and Dad are going to be taking care of her at their house.
Grandma is almost 83, diabetic, has had(i think)2 heart attacks (one, i know, was not long before our wedding and she didn't get to be there), battles Rheumatoid Arthritis, had 2 hip replacements, etc. Her mind is great! and Up until just recently, her and my grandfather have taken care of themselves. Now, he is battling prostate cancer again and receiving chemo. So.. They are needing some assisstance right now... but not bad since they are both 82 years old.
I am very close to my grandparents and can't stand the thought of them dying. I know it's going to happen, sooner than I want it to. I just have to tell myself how blessed I am to have so many wonderful memories with them. I know we're all going to die because that is God's plan. He told us our lives will be as a vapor but he has something much better planned for us... I KNOW by BELIEVING this!
Death has crossed my mind several times lately and then a friend of mine was telling me about a play she went to last night that was about life and dying.
So time passes much faster than most of us want it to.
Just like my last blog.. I couldn't believe November was here.. and now it's already the middle of Nov.?!
Life really is short!!
So.. Now I'm going to go eat some cheesecake becase of this.
I Love you, Grandma and enjoyed every moment I got to spend with you last week at the hospital. Can't wait to see you at home soon!
Happy Birthday, Kay(Khaki)..Hope today was good to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment