We were at my parents for a short time last weekend so Charlie could drop off his new toy at "the land".
Actually, Will thinks it's his toy!! He was so excited when Charlie came home with it and his mind started rolling... "Hey Dad, I have a good plan"... "You take this and I'll take my 4-wheeler to hunt hogs... OK??" What is my child learning from his Daddy??!!
Then we got to spend a short time at the Snead Family Reunion out at Miller's Ranch, near Coleman. This is a really neat place for anyone needing a place for a retreat or reunion. Our main reason for going was to see Charlie's grandparents that live so far away. We were just up to see them in May but usually only get up there twice a year at most. We are realizing how old all of our grandparents are getting and cherish the time we have left with them!
Eli having fun in the jump house at the reunion
Then we were back for the beginning of VBS on Sunday evening. This summer we are studying Daniel and Charlie and I are both teaching. He is also involved with the drama. That's just one of the things that's made my week fly by. Now it's Wed. night and we're done... Now to get packing!!
Today, I took my boys to meet Nana so they could stay with my parents for a few days. One of the hardest things I've had to do in a long time... Leave my baby for the first time overnight!! And tonight is just the second night for him to be put to bed without me nursing him. Yep, That's right... He's 17-1/2 months old and just now weaned. It was emotional on Monday night, knowing it was the last time I would ever nurse a baby. I talked to my Mom tonight and she said he did cry for a while before going to sleep. Some of that may just be that he's in a new bed, so I hope tomorrow night is better. Anyway, I did cry when they drove off today but I know they're in great hands while we go spend some quality time together. I'm getting more excited but dreading the last minute packing thing.
I LOVE YOU WILL & ELI and can't wait to see you on Monday!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment